TOP 99 ENGLISH WORDS USED IN DAILY LIFE


  English plays an important role in our daily life. Even in our country, most of the conversations in big cities are done in English. We can see English words written everywhere around us like on hoardings, advertisements, road signs, shops, market, malls, almost everywhere. According to a study, 80% of the daily conversations are made up of these most common words.

99 english words

Here is a list of such common English words and examples to show how they are used in a sentence



#1 A
I would like to have a cup of tea.

#2 AN
I will come back in an hour.

#3 THE
There are no clouds in the sky.

#4 BE
She is a good girl. / I was not well last night.

#5 I
I missed the train.

#6 WE
We should always speak the truth.

#7 YOU
Why are you crying?

#8 HE
He is a good boy.

#9 SHE
She is a good girl.

#10 IT
The child saw a ball and tried to get it.

#11 THEY
They have come to meet us.

#12 HIS
The boy took out his books from the bag.

#13 HER
The girl took out her books from the bag.

#14 THEIR
The students took out their books from the bag.

#15 US
Let us go out for a walk.

#16 HIM
Anand is a great chess player. I want to meet him.

#17 YOUR
May I take your pen?

#18 THEM
They are my friends. I like to play with them.

#19 MY
This is my pencil.

#20 ME
Would you like to come with me?

#21 OUR
We are proud of our country.

#22 THIS
This is my bag.

#23 THAT
That is your bag.

#25 THESE
These are my books.

#26 THOSE
Those are your books.

#27 AND
I like to eat chocolates and ice creams.

#28 BUT
I like oranges but I don’t like apples.

#29 BECAUSE
I was late because I missed the train.

#30 OR
Would you like to have coffee or tea?

#31 THAN
His brother is taller than him.

#32 THEN
I will complete my work, then I will go for a walk.

#33 NOW
I want to meet you right now.

#34 KNOW
I know how to solve this question.

#35 NO
I see no point in explaining him.

#36 NOT
He is not a good singer.

#37 HAVE
I have a good news for you.

#38 WHO
Who is that boy playing in the park?

#39 WHICH
Which mango do you want?

#40 WHEN
When will you come back?

#41 WOULD
Would you like to have tea?

#42 WHAT
What books have you read?

#43 HOW
How do you come to school?

#44 TO
Which is the nearest way to the market?

#45 OF
I am afraid of your dog.

#46 IN
The horse is in the stable.

#47 FOR
I have been waiting for you since so long.

#48 ON
The bag is kept on the chair.

#49 WITH
We cut cloth with scissors.

#50 AT
Father is not at home.

#51 BY
I met him by chance.

#52 FROM
How far is your school from here?

#53 INTO
He jumped into the well.

#54 IF
Catch me if you can.

#55 GO
I have to go to the market for shopping.

#56 MAKE
Let’s make some plans for the weekend.

#57 CAN
I can drive a car.

#58 LIKE
I like to dance.

#59 TIME
We should always complete our work in time.

#60 AS
He did not come to the party as he was unwell.

#61 DO
Do you have a pen?

#62 JUST
I will be back in just a minute.

#63 TAKE
She will come in the evening to take her books.

#64 SAY
Let’s say it together.

#65 GOOD
He has a good handwriting.

#66 BETTER
My handwriting is better than yours.

#67 BEST
He has the best handwriting in the class.

#68 SOME
I went to the market to buy some clothes.

#69 ALL
All of us are very happy today.

#70 THERE
Go and sit there.

#71 SO
I was unwell, so I could not come.

#72 UP
You have done well. Keep it up.

#73 OUT
Let us go out for a walk.

#74 ABOUT
We were talking about our exams.

#75 OTHER
Do you have some other way to solve this question?

#76 SEE
We went to see the Taj Mahal last year.

#77 LOOK
Look, there he is.

#78 ONLY
He is my only true friend.

#79 COME
He has come back.

#80 OVER
There is a bridge over the river.

#82 THINK
What do you think about this dress?

#83 ALSO
You can also come and join us.

#84 BACK
He will come back tomorrow.

#85 AFTER
I will go to meet him after lunch.

#86 USE
We should always use dustbin to throw waste.

#87 WORK
He works in a bank.

#88 FIRST
He stood first in the class.

#89 WELL
She writes well.

#90 WAY
Let us go this way.

#91 EVEN
Even I don’t know the answer.

#92 NEW
I bought a new car.

#93 WANT
I want to go for shopping.

#94 ANY
I don’t have any complaints.

#95 GIVE
Give your old clothes to the poor child.

#96 DAY
It was a good day.

#97 MANY
Shakespeare wrote many plays.

#98 MORE
I want some more coffee.

#99 MUCH

He does not have much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment